Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My great uncle's yearbooks -1939

Remember ages back (July) when I posted the first one?  No?  Here's a link.


The observant might note that the last yearbook was 1937.  What happened to 1938?  Your guess is as good as mine.  Either he just didn't buy one that year or it got misplaced.  I do have 1940 and will get around to posting it.  Probably six months from now.

This year the theme was "Then and Now." 

Each section begins with an illustration of "Then" on the left page . . .
. . . and a photo of "Now" in the right.
This year my great uncle played varsity - he's in the front, number 70.

Being a junior, this year he also got a solo photo.  He looks very cool.

Continuing with the theme of "Then and Now" are photos of teachers and staff "Then"  I made this extra large so you could see all the details.
This is the Junior Safety Council - who have awesome coats. 
Male cheerleaders, just because.
I'd love to meet the new Nash.
This particular yearbook was ephemera heavy.
The back of the Jinx dance ticket.  In case you can't read it, it says "Whopee, I finally danced"
I'm assuming this "arrest notice" was a way of "collecting" one's date to the dance.  The address on it is in a residential area.  Bonus, the dark haired young lady in the white sweater is the one whose name appears on the arrest notice.

But what of Peggy Landis mentioned in the last year book post? A Margaret Landis is standing behind the brunette looking left.  Mystery solved?  Anyway I love Peggy's hairdo. 

No comments: