Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pictures of Yarn

I was going through my pictures in search of a stash photo and the most recent one was from 2011.  The good news is I had knit nearly all the yarn in the photo.  The bad news is, if I had knit all the yarn, what on earth was in those bins under the bed?  So I decided it was time to take a new stash photo.  Pretty sure "Flash your Stash" is in April ( far too lazy to look it up - I already pulled out all my yarn today) but I decided to post it anyway. 

It's not as bad as I had feared.  It didn't cover a full-sized bed and many yarns have plans for them.  Some are leftovers.  That pink cotton in the middle bottom is actually leftovers.  I knit a whole sweater out of it and I still have more yarn left than what went into the sweater.  The shoebox is also leftovers and really full.   I probably should sort through it and see what I am keeping for repairs and what I can use for tiny projects.

I like to take these photos because I am a very visual person and while I can pull out the bins or even get all fancy and keep track of my stash on Ravelry (I'm so behind on documenting my projects so if I have 'extra time' for Ravelry I will be doing that instead.) I like being able to see everything all at once.  It's a nice way of seeing everything I have and reminding myself of what I can knit next.  Also, it's fun to cross out yarns when they are gone.  And it's interesting to see how the stash changes over time.

This is the last stash photo:


I haven't crossed off everything I used up but very little of what is there is present in the 2014 photo.  Some things have lingered though.

Does anyone else use photos to keep organized?  How?

No comments: